Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 19, 2010

Julie Leavitt chicken- oldie but goody

Here's what we're having for dinner tonight. Super easy. Everyone always loves it. How can this go wrong? I have no idea who Julie Leavitt is, that's just the title of the recipe in my mom's ward cookbook. (The submitter's last name is Nelson...)

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chkn soup
1 tsp lemon juice
thick slices of cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 Tbsp butter or margarine (it never explains why, so I skip it.)

Mix sour cream, soup, and lemon juice in a bowl. Lay chicken in 9x13 pan and lay cheese on chicken. Spoon sour cream mixture over chicken in equal parts. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 325 for 1 1/2 hours.

I don't use super thick slices of cheese, sometimes I throw in some extra chicken- in other words, it is very forgiving. It is great with rice or noodles & makes great leftovers! It is still in the oven, so I don't have a photo, but it is D-lish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...