Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Making Strides in Utah Cancer Walk

(This is just a part of our team)
Saturday was our long-awaited cancer walk. It was AWESOME! Thanks to my great team who braved the cold weather and walked. We made it to the car right as the rain/sleet/snow started at the end of the walk.

We had about 30 people on our team- it was an overwhelming response! I hope this will be a tradition we will continue no matter where we have to come from! There was an amazing response from my friend Andree's family. Her sweet sister even came from Connecticut and walked with us.
Andree and her girls

Maddie, Kaylee, Jaeden
The back of our shirts had the names of Cancers survivors and those who lost their battle. Each one was a loved one of one of the walkers.
We each wore a sticker with the name of a person we were walking for. Since Tara couldn't come I put her mom's name on my sticker. The pin is my friend's husband, Jared, who died two years and one day before other walk. Cancer takes so many precious lives seemingly before their times. We don't see Heavenly Father's whole plan, but I hope that through our efforts we can be the means of sparing families this pain so early!
Here are some of my Curves & Weight Watchers friends.

Sidenote: I have been so emotional since the walk. I don't know if there were tender spirits nearby or what, but if you are still looking for a way to help, there is a little boy named Trent who is about to lose his battle with leukemia. You can read his blog and see the amazing spirit and faith of this little boy. All the Chick-Fil-A's did a fundraiser yesterday and they are still collecting money for his family for medical and funeral expenses. If you are looking for a good deed to do, I would recommend you look there!
(As I am typing this the song "Streets of Heaven" came up on my playlist. Now I'm really bawling! I can't see to type, hope this makes sense!)

9 comments:

Jd & Katie said...

Corrine,
I have had the great privledge of working with trent he is a great kid. How do you know him?? Well thanks for organizing the walk for our team. Katie

Crystal said...

I am sorry I missed out. Wow 30 people. You are so amazing for finding causes and people to help.

Crystal said...

Is it just me or is your blog messed up for anyone else. The top part is all in code and your posts aren't centered anymore. They are off to the left side. I am not sure if it is my computer, every other blog I visit looks fine. Just thought I would let you know, just in case something needs to be fixed.

d.r. gib said...

(Your blog is still messes up on my computer too)

I am glad we were able to make it to Chick fil a yesterday, what an amazing little boy.

Tara said...

Thanks for making me bawl at work. You are such an amazing friend.

Unknown said...

Kat and Crystal, My blog looks fine to everyone else, so I'm not sure how to fix it. Anyone out there know how to make mysterious code disappear?

Andree said...

Thanks, Corrine, for letting me and my family be a part of your team for the cancer walk. We had a great time! It's the first major thing I have done regarding cancer since Jared died and it was very therapeutic. You are a great friend.

Joel said...

Hey Corrine, this is Joel... Crystal's husband. It looks like the stylesheet in your template is broken. The template has a style tag and content within another style tag, so the closing of the internal style tag ( which really isn't allowed in html anyway ) closes the outer tag, then all the css that is after the inner tag is being rendered as html code. Technical enough for you? Anyway, it looks like Internet Explorer (and Google's Chrome browser) is handling the malformed HTML more gracefully than Firefox, since I was only able to see the problem in Firefox. (But Firefox is still the best browser! http://www.getfirefox.com)

So, to make a short story long, you should email the person you are getting the template from and tell them their style is broken, and they can reproduce the problem in Firefox.

Oh, and awesome job on the walk. Sorry I didn't let Crystal go.

Rhiannon said...

Wish I could have done that for my daddy! This is such a great thing to do and I'm on board for next year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...