Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 6, 2007

Confession of an addict

I didn't realize how long it has been since I wrote anything here! So much has happened in the last three weeks that I could have written about! I have tons of cute pictures to put in, too, but I have a new computer-based addiction. FamilySearch Indexing.

Once I start, I can hardly stop! I feel compelled to keep going! If you have read the article in the August Ensign, you may be familiar with it. The Church has a program that anyone can download onto their computer to transcribe or index historical records, such as a census. They collect the records and will make them available online for free. Coming from a family with lots of genealogical dead ends, it is so rewarding to think that someone else might find an ancestor because of my work. If you have some spare time here and there, you should check it out!

So, in the mean time, here's some of what we have been doing since my last post.

We spent some time around the 24th at a condo next to Jordanelle Reservoir with family. That was so fun! We had a nice, relaxing time!

We drove through Nephi Canyon to see the charred remains the day they reopened the canyon. I will post some pictures later. Everyday since then, Jenna includes in her prayers a plea that the grass in Nephi Canyon will grow back.

We have also decided to go back to school. I think I have finally picked a major- Heath Promotion and Education. It is a good combination of my Human Development studies I have already done as well as my experience in the Dental and insurance industries, I am very excited! I am planning on starting next fall, since I have missed the scholarship deadlines for this year.

Tim is still debating between his Master's in Urban Planning and an Engineering degree. We are blessed that his employer will help with tuition!

Along those lines, we are also pondering selling the house and moving into family student housing at the U. Many things to consider...

Right now Aubrey is getting excited for her third birthday on Thursday. She is growing too fast!

Jenna is excited for the start of Kindergarten in a few weeks and has it marked on the calendar.

Lydia is getting so big, and even treats us to a cute little giggle now and then.

There's an update on life at our house. I hope to do better, but I can only pry myself away from the census for so long! (And I probably should care for my kids, too Ü)

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Thanks for humoring me and putting a new post on here-I was having withdrawls. I think the indexing thing is a wonderful addiction to have, lots of people will benefit from this. I'll keep watching for the pics to come.

d.r. gib said...

you are so busy!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...