Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, November 3, 2008

What does it matter?

My vote doesn't matter, right? WRONG! Take a look:

•One vote made Oliver Cromwell Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England in 1645.
•One vote caused Charles I to be executed in 1649.
•One vote elected Thomas Jefferson president in 1800.
•One vote made Texas part of the U.S. in 1845.
•One vote saved President Andrew Johnson from impeachment in 1868.
•One vote changed France from a monarchy to a Republic in 1875.
•An average of only one vote per precinct passed women’s suffrage in California in 1911.
•Less than one vote per precinct, in one state, elected Woodrow Wilson President in 1912.

Make sure you go vote tomorrow if you haven't already done so! I voted early and am returning to the polls tomorrow to vote for my community council members, since I couldn't vote early for them.

I won't tell you who to vote for (unless you ask). I just want each person to use this blessing of liberty to choose your leaders. If you don't vote, you can't complain about bad leadership!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am headed out to vote right now! BTW, I love your playlist...Go John Denver!!!

Unknown said...

Two for one civic duty- my polling location (high school) was also having a blood drive, so Aubrey got a lesson in democracy and phlebotomy in one trip!

The phlebotomist had her help him fill the vials that they use to test blood. She thought it was very cool! She even got a bandage wrap on her arm and chose which colors we both got. What could be more exciting!?!?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...