Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, June 15, 2012

The Winter Sea, by Susanna Kearsley

I haven't done a book review for a while, so here's a quick one.

If you saw my facebook page a few weeks ago, you saw me complain about the comma abuse. I am so glad I didn't stop reading at page 40. She got the commas under control and I LOVED this book!

It was a clean, fast read. Many of my favorite things are contained in the story- history, love story, genealogy, suspense. The story goes back and forth between present day and 300 years ago. This sounds like it would be choppy, but it was beautifully done! I couldn't put it down after a while!

I frequently read fiction by LDS authors. This was the first time I have seen a mention of the LDS Church's extensive family history resources, much less by an author who clearly is not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (She got the name of the church slightly wrong. I forgive her!)

I frequently feel compelled to search out my ancestors. This would be a dream come true to be able to understand an ancestor's life so fully!

Pick up this book! You will be so glad. I bought it, if you are near enough to borrow my copy. You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...