Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Prophets

With Lydia so sick the last few weeks, I didn't get a chance to say anything when President Hinckley passed away, so I want to take a moment and publicly express my love for him and my testimony that he was a prophet of God. I am so happy for him to be back together with his sweet wife! I have enjoyed the past week and a half of reflection on the life of this wonderful man. All of the special programs and documentaries as well as the funeral coverage have highlighted his remarkable life. There is no way an ordinary man could have accomplished all he did, especially at his age. I believe he was sustained by the Lord to do His work on earth! No doubt he will continue working where he is now. As President Monson said, President Hinckley doesn't know the meaning of the word "idle."

One of his final messages to us came in the December Ensign. The First Presidency message was from him and talks about how we should raise our children. He very clearly outlines what we should be doing. (We always say we wish we had an instruction book for our kids. I doesn't get much closer than this.) Here are his four imperatives regarding children: 1- love them, 2- teach them, 3- respect them, 4- pray with them and for them. I know I can do better on all of those. I hope I can improve and follow his example as I try to bring my family ever closer to the Savior. I think the Proclamation on the Family is one of the great legacies from President Hinckley's time as prophet!

Looking ahead, I am eagerly anticipating the time with President Monson as our prophet. He has always been one of my favorites! I love to hear his stories. I know he is now the prophet for our time. I am thankful the the Lord has established an order in all things, that we don't have to wonder or question whether the church is being led by the right person. I know that He will contiune to guide the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints through the prophet, Thomas S Monson. What a wonderful time to be on the earth!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...