Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What I learned today...

How long have I lived here? Almost 6 years. How long has that door led to the laundry/ food storage room? The whole time. So who put a lock on that door knob? How did I never notice there was a lock? More importantly-
WHO PUSHED THE BUTTON THAT LOCKS THE DOOR?
I now know that there is a lock on THAT door. I also learned that picking locks is not on my resume. Good news- I don't have to do the laundry! Bad news- my dinner plans included things that are safely locked inside. Bummer.

In unrelated news, I learned how to use the giant button maker from the PTA closet- a la 1992. Need a badge?

4 comments:

Lisa D said...

Too funny! Did you try the wire hanger? Is it just a push button lock? Paper clips and bobby pins work for those too :) I know all too well!

Kelli said...

Yeah wire hangers are the best for picking locks.
Your button is super sweet! I am a total dork and would make ridiculous buttons...just because I could.

Unknown said...

I tried a paperclip but had to stop when the people all arrived for my PTA meeting. I had planned on making pancakes for my guests, but the mix was behind the door. Luckily my 8 yr old picked the lock after school using a Q-tip without its cotton.

Kelli- I mas making lame old "PTA Volunteers Rock" buttons. The picture is from cyberspace. I'm not that cool!

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Jackson was sure impressed with her button this morning! She put it right on!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...