Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Float Preview- In review

Have you heard that saying, "I'm so far behind, I thought I was first." That's me! I finally downloaded hundreds of pictures from my camera, so I'm going to blog the pictures and fill in the blanks- for posterity's sake.

Ever since we helped with the parade float a few years ago, we go to the Float Preview at the Southtown Expo center the week before the Days of '47 Parade, which takes place on or near July 24th each year.

In no particular order, here are some of the highlights from our outing.

I really like the Russian cupolas on this float

Lydia's favorite float

You have to get your face painted while you're there...




The girls an the mermaid- she gave them each a sea shell (below)



Cottonwood Heights float- shout out to my 'hood and to surveyors. Strange combo!

Since my kids had an extremely short (3 weeks) and boring (mostly spent cleaning the house for showings) summer, this was one of the highlights of our brief summer vacation.

If you've never been, plan on it for next year. It's free, air conditioned, and no one cares if your kids are loud. there are high school marching bands that wander the aisles playing their music and children's singing groups performing. No one will even hear your screamer!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...