Friday, June 20, 2008

Dress project update

I am so proud of our Relief Society! We did a project to make tshirt dresses to donate to Mothers Without Borders. They distribute the dresses to orphans in Africa.

Kim & Emily volunteered to coordinate the project and collected fabric and shirts in preparation for the sewing night. We met for Enrichment Night and started sweing. I think we made about 30 dresses that night and people took the others home to finish. Now that we are finished, we have exceeded our goal of 100 dresses- we are at about 130! We also collected boys clothing to send with the dresses.

These are pictures from the MWB website of children in the dresses that have been donated.
After seeing these, my heart is full at the thought of these girls getting fresh dresses! If you are wanting to practice your sewing skills, this is a very simple project with huge rewards! Let me know if you need help!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

You are such a great person to take time to sew those for the kids. So sweet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...