Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, June 6, 2008

Juxtaposition

What a contrast we saw yesterday! We went to the Church History Museum in a group arranged by Kat. We took our kids to the I am a Child of God exhibit. It walks you through the Plan of Salvation, our place as God's children, the covenants we make at baptism and then the ways we follow Christ. It is a peaceful, happy place and you feel great when you are there surrounded by sweet children and the Holy Ghost.

For lunch we went to the Gateway and then walked around for a while, and yes, we played in the fountains. I will put some of the pictures on later.

At the Gateway we were surrounded by all sorts of people. Some seemed to me lost souls, looking for their place in the world. I have never seen so many different hair colors, body piercings, and interesting clothing choices in one place. (ok, maybe at A Taste of Kearns) I won't even speculate at the behaviors that accompany their lifestyle.

I wondered how many of these people felt secure in their knowledge of their loving Heavenly Father. Would you search for acceptance and dye your hair pink and purple if you knew Heavenly Father loves you the way you are? Maybe, I don't know.

I am thankful that I know I am a daughter of Heavenly Father, who loves me- and I love Him! I hope I am instilling that in my daughters, too. I would still love them with pink hair, but I hope they don't test those waters!

1 comment:

d.r. gib said...

I am glad you guys had fun yesterday. the museum was so fun! We will have to do that again. There is an interesting assortment of people at the Gateway, at least they leave others alone.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...