Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 19, 2010

At the end of the tunnel...or my rope

So I have decided that one way or another, this pregnancy will be over in two weeks. If baby comes on his/her own sooner (hahahaha) then so be it. Otherwise, I'm going for my favorite pitocin experience on my due date. I was going to try and wait a few days after my due date to see if my body would take the hint the 4th time around. Then I found out my doctor is going camping for a few days 3 days after my due date. We discussed scheduling an induction for the Monday following my due date, but that is also Aubrey's bday. Not going to do that to either child. I thought about tempting fate and seeing if I could wait out Doc's camping trip, but I haven't been driving to the opposite end of the valley for 9 months to his office, only to have a stranger deliver this babe. Dr Smith knows me & my sisters and the weirdness that surrounds our deliveries. I don't want to have to convince another doctor that large amounts of blood will be forthcoming. Anyway...

I totally forgot where I was going with this post. There was something I was going to say...

...
...
...
...
Oh yeah. I'm trying hard not to whine about every little thing. All pregnant ladies are uncomfortable by 38 weeks. (If you know ones that aren't, please don't tell me.) For some reason, symptoms of early pregnancy that had disappeared are once again paying a visit. One that is annoying, but rather harmless, is my super-human sense of smell. This adds to nausea, but is not fatal. I have found great comfort in my plight after stumbling upon the blog of some lady who is due the same time as me. Here's what she had to say about smells. I feel a bit more justified in my whining about the assault on my senses. Driving through rural Utah/ farming communities on Saturday was ridiculous.

I am also having to talk myself down from the freak-out ledge multiple times a day. As I desperately try to get the house ready for baby, I find my patience for my existing herd of mess makers is growing ever-thinner. I have to remind myself of age-appropriate expectations, blah blah blah, should have taught them better sooner, blah blah blah, not the end of the world, baby not staying in their rooms, blah blah blah... I still just about lose it every time I walk in Jenna & Aubrey's room. Today it's 'Why the bleep do I bother doing laundry if you're just going to shove clothes in every nook and cranny. I'm selling your dresser if you're not going to put anything in it." And my fav of the week, "I'm coming in here with a shovel and it's all going to the DI!"

I know I should pick my battles, be cool, calm and collected and all that crap. I don't even want to know what my blood pressure looked like yesterday. Whatever. Again, if you know pregnant ladies that aren't all up tight and ornery at this point, don't tell me. I might throw this pair of Aubrey's shoes at you that shouldn't be in my room anyway.

Back to that other pregnant lady's blog- she again made me feel a little better with this post. And she felt that way two weeks ago.

I am usually a rather agreeable person, so if you see me and I'm scowling, please take no offense. It's not you, it's me. I'm sure I'll feel much better (errr...different) in a few weeks. At least then I'll have something cute to hold when I'm up all night instead of being the only one awake. One always feels chipper when up all night with a crying baby, right?

If anyone is still reading after all that whining, I hope you feel better about yourself and how you are coping with daily life. I feel better just having gotten it out of my system. (Confession: I did stop mid-composition to get after my kids about the destruction they have already accomplished in their room this morning. Srsly- put it away right the first time, then you don't have to re-do it!!!! How many times do I say that!!)

Thanks for letting me vent.

4 comments:

Natty said...

Hang in there, girlfriend, this too shall pass. I appreciate your honesty. Pregnancy was by far my least favorite time of motherhood, I experienced the joy of all-day-sickness for the entire time. All I have to say is that you are completely NORMAL!!!! You make me LOL 'cause you simply speak the truth! I keep threatening my kids with the DI run too! Yahoo to countdown, you are almost there!

Anonymous said...

Oh Corrine, you are my hero. I wish I could make it all better. I'll be praying for a healthy, but hopefully soon, delivery!

Hillary said...

I think my blood pressure just went up while reading that. I TOTALLY can relate, the last little bit of pregnancy is the WORST!!! Hang in there, only 2 more weeks to go-if you don't hang in there, you may just end up having a repeat of Lydia's birth-you don't want that now, do you? Just teasing, wish I could come and take your kids away for the day so you could just relax!

Emily said...

OH my..I loved the DI and clothes comment! ;) I say that to my kids and I'm not pregnant anymore! Hang in there, you are almost done!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...