Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, December 30, 2011

Let's try cleaning the glass top range

I found a tutorial on pintrest about how to clean the nastiness that is a glass cooktop range. When we first moved here, I was cooking Thanksgiving dinner and two pots of potatoes boiled over at the same time. I have been scrubbing the mess ever since. I had high hopes for this tutorial!
You can't fully appreciate how bad it was, but here's a BEFORE picture.

I sprinkled poured a generous amount of baking soda over the whole thing.
I soaked my cloth in the warm, soapy water, then squeezed out about half of the water.

Lay the wet cloth over the whole thing for about 15 minutes.

Rub the baking soda around with the wet cloth, making kind of a paste.
Lots of elbow grease required for the really bad spots.

Here's the AFTER. I did two rounds of it and in a few spots, I did 3. (It has been cooking there for a month.)
I was very pleased with the results! I have tried all kinds of other cleaners with no where near this success!
I didn't shine it up with Windex yet, so it is a bit dull in the picture, but it looks great!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Nice job! It seems like no matter what kind of cook top you have cleaning is a pain.

Unknown said...

I've found that you can get that last burnt-on ring around the burners off by just using a butter knife to scrap it off, then wipe off. At least on our stove top, the glass and pattern seem to be strong enough to remain unscratched.

Jana said...

That is one I had pinned to try but hadn't gotten around to it yet. It seems like something is boiling over at my house almost daily, so my stove top is a mess.

I can't wait to try this...here's hoping it will work on my black rings that have been there for far too long!

Tamara ViAnn said...

I'll have to try that- my glass top is so hard to clean sometimes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...