Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 28, 2011

10 Food Challenge

So, my sweet new followers and dear not-so-new readers, I have another question for you. Maybe a set of questions.

Our challenge from Weight Watchers tonight is to use 10 new foods this week or prepare same foods in 10 different ways. What would you recommend that I try? Have a creative way to prepare chicken? My favorite (relatively) new food here is hummus. Now what should I try?


I hit my 15 pound mark today and I struggle with not getting bored by eating & doing the same old same old. That's what got me in trouble in the first place! I want to keep my momentum!
 
While it is easy to eat things that I already know the points for, it does get old and I start searching the cupboards for something more exciting.
 
What are some healthy things that your family loves? I have been trying not to fix separate meals for me. My whole family needs to eat healthy, not for weight loss, but for healthy habits & healthy bodies. My kids (except Lydia) will try pretty much anything. If I give Lydia some cauliflower and a baked potato or rice she's pleased as punch. She might have been switched at birth. What do your kids love?
 
Now that we all have some new blogging buddies here, please leave a comment and share some ideas with the rest of us. I have a very yummy chicken lasagna florentine CROCKPOT recipe that I made long, long ago & my family loved. I posted it on my sister's recipe blog in August of 2008. I had forgotten all about it until we were talking about new ways to prepare chicken at my WW meeting tonight.
 
Here's the recipe:
Chicken Lasagna Florentine- in crockpot


This is so easy & so yummy! I would definitely recommend using a Reynold's crock pot liner for easy clean up!

2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed reduced fat cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
1 (9 ounce) package frozen diced cooked chicken (I cooked a large chicken breast myself)
1 (8 ounce) carton reduced-fat sour cream
1 cup 1% milk (skim worked fine)
1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp nutmeg
9 uncooked lasagna noodles
cooking spray
1 cup (4 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

1. Combine first 10 ingredients in large bowl; stir well.

2. Place 3 uncooked lasagna noodles in bottom of a 5 quart crock pot coated with cooking spray (or liner), breaking noodles in half as necessary to fit crock pot. Spread one-third of spinach mixture over noodles; sprinkle with 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Layer 3 more noodles, half of remaining spinach mixture, and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining noodles and spinach mixture, sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup cheese.

3. Cover with lid; cook on high heat setting 1 hour. Reduce to low heat setting, and cook 5 hours or until pasta is done.

Yields 8 servings (about 1 cup each)

So, this is a Weight Watchers recipe and it was 7 points per serving on the old program. I will refigure the points and let you know. The serving size is very filling!

If you are not interested in cutting fat, you might want to increase the cheese a bit.


Leave a comment with your ideas too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...